diciembre 28, 2018
The ICOM MPR 2011 annual conference is taking place in Brno, Czech Republic, from 17th to 20th September, 2011.
The ICOM MPR 2011 annual conference is taking place in Brno,
Czech Republic, from 17th to 20th September, 2011.
This year, the conference theme is Measuring (and Promoting)
The Organising Committee for ICOM-MPR is seeking expressions of
interest from potential speakers on topics related to the
conference theme and to the three sub-themes:
1) How governments measure the success of museums
2) How museums determine their own success
3) How the public measures the success of museums
In addition, we encourage proposals from potential speakers who
are interested in how we use evidence of success in our branding,
marketing and advocacy.
Please submit your abstract to Simona Jurackova at
firstname.lastname@example.org by the 10th May, 2011.
Instructions for writing abstracts:
– Electronic transmission in Word (.doc), Rich Text Format (.rtf)
or PDF is preferred and requested
– Abstracts must be written in English (working language of the
– Institution of the author
– Text of the abstract, containing 250 words maximum, structured
with subheadings: introduction, aims and conclusion
– Name, surname, address and e-mail address of the presenting
author, to whom the confirmation and further correspondence will
The receipt of abstracts will be confirmed, and a decision on
offers will be made shortly after all abstracts are received.
Successful speakers will be notified in May 2011.
As a not-for-profit entity with extremely limited resources, it
is not possible for ICOM-MPR to pay for the travel or
accommodation expenses of its speakers. Please also note that
accepted papers are not exempt from payment of the registration
fee. ICOM MPR might however assist in writing letters of
recommendations to sources of potential financial support.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Guidelines for submitting your abstract are also available at