ICOFOM Study Series
- why is the subject important for museology?
- what theoretical perspective is chosen?
- how would this contribute to the museological discussion?
Follow the guidelines (see below)
ICOFOM Study Series has been a platform for museological discussions since 1983, following a tradition established by its predecessor Museological Working papers (MuWoP). At different times in its history, it contained conference proceedings published before ICOFOM’s symposia or articles published afterwards. Since 2007, the growing number of ICOFOM members and of proposals as well as increasing professionalism led to a process of selection by peer-reviewing.
Since 2014 the ISS has been issued one year after the symposium once all submitted manuscripts have undergone double-blind review. Potential authors need to submit an abstract for a blind peer-review. After receiving approval, they are invited to present their papers at the ICOFOM’s annual symposium (which is not an obligation), followed by submission of the full article to the second round of a peer-review. Participation and presentation of a paper at the conference does not guarantee the publication of the elaborated article.
To submit an article, the author does not have to be an ICOFOM member.
The ICOFOM Study Series is now edited by Bruno Brulon Soares, Federal University of the State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Publication Frequency: semiannually
ISSN: 2309-1290 (Print)
Citation style: APA (to find references examples click here)
ICOFOM Study Series Editorial Board
Rédacteur / Editor:
- Bruno Brulon Soares, Universidade Federal do Estado do Rio de Janeiro (UNIRIO), Brazil
- Yves Bergeron, Université du Québec à Montreal, Canada
- Bruno Brulon Soares, Universidade Federal do Estado do Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Supreo Chanda, University of Calcutta, India
- Yun Shun Susie Chung, Southern New Hampshire University, USA
- Ann Davis, Former Director, The Nickle Arts Museum, University of Calgary, Canada
- Annette B. Fromm, Florida International University, USA
- Scarlet Galindo, Manager, Museo Nacional de Acuarela Alfredo Guati Rojo, Mexico
- Anna Leshchenko, Eberhard Karls University of Tübingen, Germany
- François Mairesse, Université Sorbonne-Nouvelle Paris 3, CERLIS
- Jesús Pedro Lorente, Universidad de Zaragoza, Spain
- Daniel Schmitt, Université Polytechnique Hauts-de-France, France
- Markus Walz, Hochschule für Technik, Wirtschaft und Kultur Leipzig, Germany
- Elizabeth Weiser, Ohio State University, USA
- Zheng Yi, 复旦大学 Fudan University, China
- Maria Cristina Bruno, Universidade de São Paulo, Brazil
- Bernard Deloche, Professor Emeritus, Université de Lyon 3, France
- André Desvallées, Conservateur général honoraire du patrimoine, France
- Peter van Mensch, Professor Emeritus, Reinwardt Academie, The Netherlands
- Martin Schaerer, Past President of ICOM Ethics Committee, Switzerland
- Tereza Scheiner, Universidade Federal do Estado do Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Anita Shah, Museum Consultant, India
- Tomislav Šola, Professor, Director, The Best in Heritage (and EHA), Zagreb, Croatia
- Sécrétaire général / General Secretary: Anna Leshchenko
- Articles en français : Marion Bertin
- Articles in English: Elizabeth Weiser
- Artículos en español: Scarlet Galindo